Forum Home Forum Home > General Rugby > SA Rugby Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Ospreys in Swansea in the URC on 30 March 2024, kickoff is at 17:05

Quota Increase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quota Increase
    Posted: 23-Jul-2019 at 9:20am
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2019 at 9:27am
So 36 years after democracy they still want to pick sides based on skin colour. 
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2019 at 4:06pm
I am all for having a more inclusive team. 

We have some major untapped talent that could strengthen our side (If we get more youngsters involved in the game)

Having a forced % however is just not the right way to do it. 

We can pick some awesome players today, all on merit. By putting a quota on it , you are disrespecting the players that are picked. 

There is no need for quotas anymore , that ship has sailed and by 2030 it will be even less of an issue.
Lion4ever View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Niela Niela wrote:

We have some major untapped talent that could strengthen our side (If we get more youngsters involved in the game)

We can pick some awesome players today, all on merit. By putting a quota on it , you are disrespecting the players that are picked. 

There is no need for quotas anymore , that ship has sailed and by 2030 it will be even less of an issue.
Well said.
emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2019 at 8:14pm

I beg to differ. That ship(Titanic?) has not even left dock, and the way things are deteriorating (deteriorating economic standards, falling currency, racist policies & racial strife etc), any half descent youngster (black or white),will jump at the chance to make a living overseas. By 2030, we will be fully retard, with 100% African teams playing in the minor leagues.
Red_Machine View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2019 at 7:56am
Originally posted by emiel1 emiel1 wrote:

I beg to differ. That ship(Titanic?) has not even left dock, and the way things are deteriorating (deteriorating economic standards, falling currency, racist policies & racial strife etc), any half descent youngster (black or white),will jump at the chance to make a living overseas. By 2030, we will be fully retard, with 100% African teams playing in the minor leagues.
I think it's more likely that kids will not pursue the sport at all, as a parent I will not be pushing my children to batter their bodies (post highschool) when there is pretty much no chance anything will come of it. So we will see the gradual demise of the sport (for white kids at least), but that's what SARU and the government want isn't it??
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2019 at 9:16am
@Emiel1

What I mean by the ship has sailed, is that the need to enforce a minimum quota is no longer necessary.

I honestly believe we can pick a Bok side all on merit and it would be diverse enough anyway.

emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2019 at 11:34am
Fully agree with you regarding the availability of talent Niela. Just think that the powers that be could not care less about merit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic