Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Currie Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play Munster at Ellis Park in the URC on 27 April 2024, kickoff is at 17:00

Match 6 - Bulls vs Lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goue Leeu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2021 at 5:25pm
Dit voel net of hulle beter afgerig is.. ek kan verkeerd wees, maar ek dink nie so nie. Dis asof hulle almal op dieselfde bladsy is en met rigting speel en ons speel maar net en hoop iets goed gebeur. Dit help ook nie as die ref voor die game besluit het wie behoort te wen en al die 50/50 calls vir hulle gee nie... maar dit gebeur wanneer almal dink jy is kakkerig.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2021 at 5:37pm
Daar was positiewe dinge...Zeilinga was verbasend goed op 9 toe hy Warner vervang het. Verder was die skrums ook goed, en ek dink Simelane was baie goed op 15, verseker sy nuwe posisie. 

Flaters was daar ook maar weer baie
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2021 at 5:39pm
Wel, al was dit nou nie 50 punte plus nie, dis nog n verloor.. Dit was van die begin af duidelik wie die game gaan wen. 
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Transvaal Transvaal wrote:

Daar was positiewe dinge...Zeilinga was verbasend goed op 9 toe hy Warner vervang het. Verder was die skrums ook goed, en ek dink Simelane was baie goed op 15, verseker sy nuwe posisie. 

Flaters was daar ook maar weer baie
Stem. 
emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2021 at 6:49pm
Op vandag se vertoning is dit moeilik om te glo dat ons laas keer gewen het toe die twee spanne gespeel het. Behalwe vir skrums en lynstane, en Skosaan se mooi drie met slim spel tussen Tshetuka en Simelane, was daar min om oor opgewonde te raak. Daar was die gewone swak verdediging (veral deur Hendrikse wat tot twee van die Bulle se eerste driee gelei het), swak besluitneming en onvermoee deur die binneagterspelers om spasie te skep vir die buiteagterspelers. Ek sal nie te opwewonde raak oor die laaste 20 minute se spel nie. Teen daardie tyd het die Bulle totaal in beheer en hul voet van die pedaal afgehaal.

Edited by emiel1 - 25-Jul-2021 at 6:53pm
LeeuBrul View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeuBrul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2021 at 8:07pm
The Sharks on Sunday announced the signings of three new players, including Wallabies centre Ben Tapuai, ahead of the first-ever United Rugby Championship (URC), due to get under way in September.

They have also signed utility back Eduan Keyter and lock Gerbrandt Grobler.

Once a Lion always a lion
Lion1986 View Drop Down
Welpie
Welpie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2021 at 10:00am
Simelane was actually very good at 15. He kicked for goal for the lions craven week side, so he definitely has a boot on him. I actually think that he can be very good at 15, a better 15 than 13 but he will need to spend time at 15 to get used to the positioning. He is a very skillful player, so if he can be solid under the high ball, he can be special.

That said, we still urgently need a coach. We play like a barbarians team that got together during the week. No urgency, no plan.

Lion1986 View Drop Down
Welpie
Welpie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2021 at 10:06am
We might as well, give the youngsters some game time at Centre
Kriel and Rass are just not up to this level.
Tyler Bocks and Henco van Wyk can definitely play. Hendrikse is the same age as them. 
Experience only counts if you actually play smart rugby. To see Dan Kriel and Rass make stupid mistakes week in and week out makes me mad. Let the youngsters play and learn.
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2021 at 7:59pm
I didnt watch the game. Even though I had little else planned . Just didn’t want to watch it. Very sad . I always considered myself being one of the “bigger” lions supporters out there

The reality is that our doelmatig game is becoming like the cricket 10 years ago. People just don’t care. 

It’s not just “the rand” (and player exodus). It’s not just covid , it’s not just the stupid conference system , it’s not just the fact that NZ dominated superugby so long that we are merely “place fillers”. 

It’s that over and above all of this , the lions have completely lost their identity and ran out of plans.

Sad indeed 

gertjie0000 View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertjie0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2021 at 8:15pm
Niela ek stem saam met jou daai jare wat ackerman coach was ek het al in die week so uitgesien na die naweek se wedstryde van die leeus ek het partymal van daai wedstryde paar keer oorgekyk was sulke lekker rugby en al die ander spanne se ondersteuners het vir mens gese hulle laaik die tipe rugby wat die leeus speel kwaai was hoendervleis rugby gewees daai en van swys oorgevat het het my opgewondenheid so stadig begin minder word tot waar mens nou sit en mens verwag klaar in die week n groot loesing die naweke vir die leeus 
Vaal Leeu 3 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaal Leeu 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2021 at 8:30pm
Agreed guys. Friends and family had a good laugh at me over weekends when the Lions played. The whole day was planned around the game. Now I dont even know half the team, let alone when they play. Dont even bother bemoaning the bad quality of their standards or moan about yet another loss. And I know 4 other guys, just in my circle of friends, who feels the same Ouch
vdwestjo View Drop Down
Welpie
Welpie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vdwestjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2021 at 10:29pm
We urgently need Swys back as consultant. He knows how to work with the younger players and have one if not the best rugby brain in SA. He can just not take the pressure of being the head coach. That is why him and Ackerman was so successful. Ackerman without Swys is not as successful as he used to be with the Lions.
Lions4life
WitBoer View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitBoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 6:51am
Originally posted by vdwestjo vdwestjo wrote:

We urgently need Swys back as consultant. He knows how to work with the younger players and have one if not the best rugby brain in SA. He can just not take the pressure of being the head coach. That is why him and Ackerman was so successful. Ackerman without Swys is not as successful as he used to be with the Lions.
I dont think bringing Swys back in the current setup would be beneficial at all... We started regressing when Ackermann left and Swys was left in charge. 
I do agree though, Ackermann without Swys is not as successful as with Swys, but Swys without Ackermann is worse. 
Swys needs to work with a proper head coach. And that is where we need to start. 
"Believe nothing, No matter where you read it, Or who has said it, Not even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense" - Buddha
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 7:15am
Ek stem, die eerste stap moet wees om 'n goeie hoof afrigter aan te stel. Daarna die persoon wat signings maak.. 

Ons kan stelselmatig nuwe (beter) spelers aankoop. 'n goeie coach sal selfs met average spelers baie beter doen as wat ons nou doen!

Wat my bekommer is dat die unie nog tjoepstil is.. Nie 'n woord aan ondersteuners wat se hulle is self teleurgestel in die laaste paar maande se resultate nie. Niks dat hulle dinge gaan regstel.. 
WitBoer View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitBoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Leeubok Leeubok wrote:

Ek stem, die eerste stap moet wees om 'n goeie hoof afrigter aan te stel. Daarna die persoon wat signings maak.. 

Ons kan stelselmatig nuwe (beter) spelers aankoop. 'n goeie coach sal selfs met average spelers baie beter doen as wat ons nou doen!

Wat my bekommer is dat die unie nog tjoepstil is.. Nie 'n woord aan ondersteuners wat se hulle is self teleurgestel in die laaste paar maande se resultate nie. Niks dat hulle dinge gaan regstel.. 
Dit is nogal kommerwekkend... Ditt voel half asof ons terug is by 2010, waar die bestuur maar net tevrede is dat ons darem deelneem aan 'n internasionale kompetisie... Ek verstaan die finansiele impak wat dit gehad het toe ons uit SR geskop was, maar ek voel ook dat as dit nie vir dit was nie, sou ons nooit die sukses gesien het van 2015-2017 nie...
Miskien moet SA rugby dit ernstig oorweeg om elke jaar promosie relegasie wedstryde te speel vir deelname aan die URC... Dalk sal dit help om bietjie meer dringendheid by die bestuur aan te wakker...
"Believe nothing, No matter where you read it, Or who has said it, Not even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense" - Buddha
Red_Machine View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 8:18am
Jimmy Stonehouse is the answer, look at what he does with the "no name brands" at the Pumas. He is wasted at a smaller union and we need to make a move on him before another franchise or an overseas club does. 
WitBoer View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitBoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Red_Machine Red_Machine wrote:

Jimmy Stonehouse is the answer, look at what he does with the "no name brands" at the Pumas. He is wasted at a smaller union and we need to make a move on him before another franchise or an overseas club does. 
I am with you on that one. I also strongly believes that he can do wonders with our team, however he is not popular at the Lions for some reason...
emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 9:24am
Jimmy Stonehouse, soos Ackerman, is iemand vir wie spelers alles sal gee, dus 'n goeie leier. Soos Ackerman, dink ek nie dat hy noodwendig 'n baie goeie taktiese afrigter sal wees in groot wedstryde teen internasionale opposisie sal wees nie (hy is wel beter as enige iets wat die Leeus tand het). John Mitchel het 'n baie hoe oppinie vir JP Fereira se intelek en werkverigting gehad. Ek dink Fereira het baie te doen gehad met die Leeus se vorige sukses onder Ackerman. 
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by WitBoer WitBoer wrote:

Originally posted by Red_Machine Red_Machine wrote:

I am with you on that one. I also strongly believes that he can do wonders with our team, however he is not popular at the Lions for some reason...

Seker omdat hy al die spelers se roids opgebruik LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic