Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Super Rugby
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Rugby Unlocked Match 2 - Stormers vs Lions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Ospreys in Swansea in the URC on 30 March 2024, kickoff is at 17:05

Super Rugby Unlocked Match 2 - Stormers vs Lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attie Karate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Red_Machine Red_Machine wrote:

In an ideal world Ratsa would be called out for his bias; players being pulled back, scrumming in, off the ball stuff, etc.. But instead he'll be hailas a hero and a genius be the "right team" won

That is putting it mildly. Rasta was all jokey-jokey with Kitshoff after Kolisi left and he was made captain. In the last movement of the game Kitshoff was blatantly off his feet, from the side and with his hands in the ruck, and Rasta just called him off it. 

In that situation it's was a definitely a yellow card and we didn't even get a penalty. Same with them being off-side for every single phase of that movement.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that we would have won the game, but just apply the rules.
Up the Vaal!
WitBoer View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitBoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 9:52am
Ek kan die verloor vat, al haat ek ditt om te verloor en nog meer om teen die Stormers te verloor.
Die rede daarvoor is dat ons darem bietjie verbeter elke week en dit geen my hoop. die laaste paar jaar het ons elke week swakker en swakker gespeel, maar so ver lyk dit darem asof daar nou weer verbetering is week na week.
Die wenne sal kom, solank ons net elke keer bou op die vorige week.
"Believe nothing, No matter where you read it, Or who has said it, Not even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense" - Buddha
WitBoer View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitBoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Attie Karate Attie Karate wrote:

In an ideal world Ratsa would be called out for his bias; players being pulled back, scrumming in, off the ball stuff, etc.. But instead he'll be hailas a hero and a genius be the "right team" won

That is putting it mildly. Rasta was all jokey-jokey with Kitshoff after Kolisi left and he was made captain. In the last movement of the game Kitshoff was blatantly off his feet, from the side and with his hands in the ruck, and Rasta just called him off it. 

In that situation it's was a definitely a yellow card and we didn't even get a penalty. Same with them being off-side for every single phase of that movement.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that we would have won the game, but just apply the rules.
Was it just me or did Kitshoff also scrum in especially against Sadie? I remember the one penalty the Stormers got where I really though that Kitshoff was scrumming at a 45 degree angle?
"Believe nothing, No matter where you read it, Or who has said it, Not even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense" - Buddha
Attie Karate View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attie Karate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 10:23am
Originally posted by WitBoer WitBoer wrote:

Originally posted by Attie Karate Attie Karate wrote:

Was it just me or did Kitshoff also scrum in especially against Sadie? I remember the one penalty the Stormers got where I really though that Kitshoff was scrumming at a 45 degree angle?
100%, because he could not move Sadie. Scrum 'in' and 'up'
Up the Vaal!
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by WitBoer WitBoer wrote:

Ek kan die verloor vat, al haat ek ditt om te verloor en nog meer om teen die Stormers te verloor.
Die rede daarvoor is dat ons darem bietjie verbeter elke week en dit geen my hoop. die laaste paar jaar het ons elke week swakker en swakker gespeel, maar so ver lyk dit darem asof daar nou weer verbetering is week na week.
Die wenne sal kom, solank ons net elke keer bou op die vorige week.
Stem. Lyk ook vir my of ons kurwe effens opwaarts neig. Ek dink die feit dat daar skielik baie kompetisie vir plekke is, is ook n baie goeie ding. Die ouens wat nou kans kry, het meestal goed gedoen, al het ons verloor. Klomp mense was in rep en roer oor ons " substandaard middeveld" - ek was self skepties aan die begin - maar ons senters het in beide die sharks en stormers wedstryde baie goed gedoen.

Skielik lyk ons verdediging agterlangs ook baie beter.

Ons het baie verbeter by die afbreekpunte, en ons balretensie en hantyering is ook stukke beter as laasjaar en voor die lockdown.

Mens kan sien die coaches en die spelers het die harde werk ingesit tydens die lockdown.
Attie Karate View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attie Karate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 2:27pm
Ons het die Stormers pap getackle met tye- sal like as ons daai intensiteit vir langer kan behou.
Up the Vaal!
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 3:01pm
Wie is ons defence coach nouweer?
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Leeubok Leeubok wrote:

Sean Erasmus
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by valie valie wrote:

Originally posted by Leeubok Leeubok wrote:

Sean Erasmus

O ja, dankie. 
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 9:33am
Elton has been on sublime form. 

We need our senior guys to fire and he is certainly doing that. 

It’s a shame that we are 0 from 2. Would have been nice to get the first win under the belt. But the sharks and stormers are the 2 better sides in the comp and we faired well enough against them.

TunaLion View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TunaLion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Niela Niela wrote:

Elton has been on sublime form. 

We need our senior guys to fire and he is certainly doing that. 

It’s a shame that we are 0 from 2. Would have been nice to get the first win under the belt. But the sharks and stormers are the 2 better sides in the comp and we faired well enough against them.

It would have really been awesome to have gotten those wins and we came close on both occassions. It sucks that we lost, but at least thus far we look much better from the start of the year when it was all doom and gloom. We also at least had oppurtunities to win both in conditions that really didnt suit our side.I am also happy that most of our "imports" have proven their worth in some way thus far.

I think it is also important to note that we looked the fitter side in both our games and at Ellis Park that is going to be especially relevant.
Go LIONS!!!!!
emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 11:08am
Was most impressed about our forwards fast recycling, creating quick ball for Jantjies's clever tactical kicking.  Looked a bit like a return to the gameplan of Ackerman and Mitchell.

Have been very critical of the Lions contacting the last couple of years (Warner, Dan Kriel. Ulengo etc.) but I think they did well with EW Viljoen at fullback and Odendaal at 13. Maxwane look good on attack, and though he''s no Marx, Visagie has been pretty solid so far (what happened with previous consiiderations on moving Marius Schoeman to hooker?)
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by emiel1 emiel1 wrote:

Was most impressed about our forwards fast recycling, creating quick ball for Jantjies's clever tactical kicking.  Looked a bit like a return to the gameplan of Ackerman and Mitchell.

Have been very critical of the Lions contacting the last couple of years (Warner, Dan Kriel. Ulengo etc.) but I think they did well with EW Viljoen at fullback and Odendaal at 13. Maxwane look good on attack, and though he''s no Marx, Visagie has been pretty solid so far (what happened with previous consiiderations on moving Marius Schoeman to hooker?)

Agreed .

On maxwane , I am not convinced , think we have enough good wings and that was probably a waste.

We still need a proper lock and if we can get Marx back we will be a very balanced team. 

Love that we have so much competition at 9, krappies is a little risky , but I like what he brings. 

emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 11:55am
Agree on Maxwane, he seems to have pace and skill (he helped create and finished the first try). How good he is on defense and under the high ball we'll have to see. On last years performance I certainly would have selected Stean Pienaar. Selectors should consider him (Pienaar) as a 13, with Odendaal at 12.

Edited by emiel1 - 20-Oct-2020 at 11:56am
vdwestjo View Drop Down
Welpie
Welpie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vdwestjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 1:07pm
Will rather give Pienaar a change at 14. Do not rate Ulengo. 
Lions4life
Vaal Leeu 3 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaal Leeu 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 1:11pm
Sien nou die vlge op Rugby365 vanaf n Cheetah ondersteuner: What do you know of Hencus van Wyk? See he is joining Cheetahs from Sunwolves.

Also forgot to mention Vincent Tshituka also joining the Cheetahs.  

Het ek iets gemis, Tshituka is mos n Leeu?

TunaLion View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TunaLion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by vdwestjo vdwestjo wrote:

Will rather give Pienaar a change at 14. Do not rate Ulengo. 

While I will also prefer Pienaar, I noticed that Ulengo seemed pretty good under the high ball and I think that may be why Cash prefers him.
Go LIONS!!!!!
monster View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Vaal Leeu 3 Vaal Leeu 3 wrote:

Sien nou die vlge op Rugby365 vanaf n Cheetah ondersteuner: What do you know of Hencus van Wyk? See he is joining Cheetahs from Sunwolves.

Sorry ek kan nie dink dat enige spelers nou na die Cheetahs toe Sal gaan met die onsekerheid oor hulle toekoms
monster View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 3:32pm
Wet iemand hoe laat speel ons u/21 vanaand en of dit op die kassie is
monster View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by monster monster wrote:

Wet iemand hoe laat speel ons u/21 vanaand en of dit op die kassie is
Klink my dit is eers sondag
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2020 at 4:00pm
Dis eers sondag en hulle stream al daai onder 21 wedstryde op youtube
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2020 at 8:34am
Hoogtepunte van die Stormers wedstryd

Puttertjie View Drop Down
Pasgebore Leeu
Pasgebore Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puttertjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2020 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by monster monster wrote:

Originally posted by Vaal Leeu 3 Vaal Leeu 3 wrote:

Sorry ek kan nie dink dat enige spelers nou na die Cheetahs toe Sal gaan met die onsekerheid oor hulle toekoms

Die Cheetah ondersteuner het seker bedoel Khutha Mchunu (Sharks stut). Volgens SARugbyMag het hy by die Cheetahs geteken
Vaal Leeu 3 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaal Leeu 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2020 at 3:13pm
Dankie Puttertjie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic