Forum Home Forum Home > Lions Section > Lions Players News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Ospreys in Swansea in the URC on 30 March 2024, kickoff is at 17:05

Dyantyi arrives at career crossroads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyantyi arrives at career crossroads
    Posted: 15-Sep-2020 at 9:15am
https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/dyantyi-career-crossroads/

Aphiwe Dyantyi’s hearing into a doping offence will start on Tuesday in a career-defining week for the former World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year.

Just over a year ago, the bombshell news broke that Dyantyi’s mandatory B sample had come back testing positive for three banned substances following a national training camp.

Dyantyi, the World Rugby Breakthrough Player of 2018, subsequently released a statement in which he denied taking any banned substances, but has since been seeing out a provisional suspension from all forms of rugby, pending a hearing.

That long-awaited hearing is now set to start this week after delays caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

It’s said that witnesses will present testimony ‘virtually’, while the senior lawyer for the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (Saids) is expected to provide his interrogation via a conference call from London.

The rest of the representatives will all be physically present in a conference room, while Saids has told SARugbymag.co.za it will provide a summary at the end of the week.

At the end of August, Dyantyi turned just 26 years old, and he will now be fighting for both his career and the restoration of his reputation.

In a recent interview with Sport24, the former Springbok wing revealed how he suffered an anxiety attack when he left the house for the first time in months following his positive test.

‘Some guy helped me a lot and he took me to the hospital, but I don’t remember much about what happened,’ he said.

‘Fortunately, the doctor knew the situation and who I was and he kept everything on the low, which was good. My mom still doesn’t know about that. I just didn’t want to add pressure on to my parents or have them worry about me. Everyone was worried enough.’

READ: Dyantyi opens up about anxiety

Earlier this year, former Springbok and Sharks hooker Chiliboy Ralepelle was handed an eight-year ban after testing positive for banned anabolic substance Zeranol during an out-of-competition random test at Kings Park in January 2019. He will be appealing the ban.
AK  View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2020 at 9:17am
Ek voel jammer vir hom en hierdie kan so `n mors van jong talent wees.... Ongelukkig kan ek nie sien hoe hierdie ten gunste van hom gaan loop nie.... Hoop daar is versagtinde omstandighede....
vdwestjo View Drop Down
Welpie
Welpie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vdwestjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2020 at 10:09am
Ja stem saam so spesiale talent. Baie hartseer!! Wat sal ek wou gee om hom weer vir die Lions te sien speel! As hy aan die bal gevat het is daar altyd moeilikheid vir die teenstanders. Sal nooit sy eerste drie teen Sharks in Super rugby op Ellispark vergeet wat 'n drie!!
Lions4life
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2020 at 12:30pm
Hy gaan basies moet bewys hoe hy die goed "per ongeluk" in sy sisteem gekry het? Ja ek weet nie, dis moeilik as albei jou samples positief getoets het...

Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2020 at 3:09pm
Ek weet nie hoekom is julle so POSITIEF nie, dis redelik duidelik dat hy die middels wetend gebruik het, hy gaan lank geskors word
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2020 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Transvaal Transvaal wrote:

Ek weet nie hoekom is julle so POSITIEF nie, dis redelik duidelik dat hy die middels wetend gebruik het, hy gaan lank geskors word

Ek stem , hy was getoets en gedink nou is hy in die clear , toe stamp hy gou die roids.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic