Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Super Rugby
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play Leinster at Ellis Park in the URC on 20 April 2024, kickoff is at 15:00

Steyn wants to make Bulls No 10 jersey his own

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steyn wants to make Bulls No 10 jersey his own
    Posted: 08-Jan-2020 at 5:18am
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/steyn-wants-to-make-bulls-no-10-jersey-his-own-20200107

Former Springbok flyhalf Morne Steyn is excited to be back in the Bulls camp and has no plans on taking things easy.

"No one joins a new team with the intention of being a replacement," Steyn told Netwerk24.

With Handre Pollard having left for Montpellier in France, Steyn will duel Manie Libbok for the No 10 jersey.

"Manie has a lot of talent and it's good to have someone to keep you on your toes. Myself, like Manie, intend to work hard and make the No 10 jersey my own," Steyn stressed.

Steyn played 10 years at the Bulls before joining French outfit Stade Francais in 2013.

He added that he could have stayed in France and also had offers from other overseas-based clubs, but asked his agent to inquire about a role at the Bulls.

"Things worked out so well and it's actually perfect to end my career here where it all started for me."

Steyn won three Super Rugby accolades with the Bulls and also played 66 Tests for the Springboks between 2009 and 2016.

Edited by Transvaal - 08-Jan-2020 at 5:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic