Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Super Rugby
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Notshe on move to Sharks: 'I want more game time'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play Leinster at Ellis Park in the URC on 20 April 2024, kickoff is at 15:00

Notshe on move to Sharks: 'I want more game time'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Notshe on move to Sharks: 'I want more game time'
    Posted: 07-Jan-2020 at 2:41pm
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/notshe-on-move-to-sharks-i-want-more-game-time-20200107

In their nine-day spending spree last year, the Sharks revealed their hand at the type of assault they are looking to engage in in this year's Super Rugby campaign - an assault that will no doubt please Sikhumbuzo Notshe, who joined from the Stormers.

Notshe - think his explosive runs, coupled with that sleek step that makes a mockery of opposition defences - makes it easy to conclude that he doesn't give a damn about his body.

And in joining the Sharks' ranks, Notshe is comfortable to broach the subject of his move, which was concluded in September 2019.

"I want to get more game time," Notshe opens up ... "I want to spend more time on the rugby field."

The 26-year-old, who has represented Western Province from under-13 Craven Week to under-18 and then through to the Vodacom Cup, Currie Cup and then the Stormers, reveals that when the opportunity to join the Sharks came, he could not ignore it.

"It's an opportunity (to play for the Sharks) that I'm really looking forward to."

Notshe has just concluded an 11-week pre-season with his new franchise when Sport24 chats with him, and barring the heat which has brought on a tan, he's taken it all in his stride.

"I'm settling in quite nicely ... what's been great about pre-season is how the guys are learning: how we're able to take what we've been given by the coaches and replicate it on the training pitch."

On a personal level, Notshe is "excited" about the prospects of his new career at the Sharks.

"It's a new environment and it brings a challenge, but, it's exciting and during pre-season I've been looking forward to being in the new environment."

An environment Notshe hopes will get the best out of him and earn his peers' respect on the field.

The Sharks kick-off their Super Rugby campaign with a home game against the Bulls on January 31.

Kick-off is at 19:10.

Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2020 at 2:43pm
>>>and barring the heat which has brought on a tan, he's taken it all in his stride.

goeiste!
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Transvaal Transvaal wrote:

>>>and barring the heat which has brought on a tan, he's taken it all in his stride.

goeiste!

LOL Jy moet weet die son is warm is selfs swart mense tan! 
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2020 at 2:57pm
presies!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic