Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Rugby World Cup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Ospreys in Swansea in the URC on 30 March 2024, kickoff is at 17:05

“Today, we can feel it,” says Erasmus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: “Today, we can feel it,” says Erasmus
    Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 10:02am

The Springboks woke up in Japan for a 12th morning today, but felt the Rugby World Cup atmosphere for the first time properly, Rassie Erasmus, director of rugby at SA Rugby told the team’s ‘arrival’ press conference in Kagoshima on Friday lunchtime.

“This morning when we got up you could feel the change,” said Erasmus.

“We were on Rugby World Cup buses rather than City of Kagoshima buses, the liaison officers were wearing Rugby World Cup shirts, we had accreditation round our necks to get into the training ground so you could definitely feel a shift in atmosphere.

“I think the whole of Japan woke up this morning to the knowledge that the World Cup was here and I’m sure that all of the other teams will be feeling what we’re feeling.”

The Springboks transfer from their training base in the south east corner of Japan on Saturday to Tokyo where they will be greeted at an official welcome ceremony in Urayusu City.

It will mark the beginning of the next stage – match week against New Zealand – in a carefully mapped campaign by Springbok management.

“We have been together for 11, 12 weeks now, basically away from home most of the time, and we have certainly got closer as a team,” said Erasmus.

“We have achieved a lot of the objectives we set in coming early to Japan.

“The first was to get to know the country and the people and how things operate here and to be comfortable in the country and we’ve achieved that.

“The second one was to get some match time against good opposition, which was Japan, and we achieved that.

“And then obviously the third one was to get the guys used to the climatic conditions, not just the heat, but the humidity, both in match and in training time and we’ve done that.”

Springbok captain Siya Kolisi said: “I think it was a great call for us to come early and it has been a great privilege.

“We know how to handle the conditions now and the fact that our training has been very hard means it will stand us in good stead. The benefits will come through later in the games.

“I’ve also enjoyed the City, I visited the volcano and it was pretty amazing to see it erupt while we were there, and the people have been so welcoming in the way they have looked after us; they always want to help; they are very welcoming and always ready to help us.”

Erasmus added: “Something that has stood out for me – and I don’t think I’ve seen this anywhere else – is the people of the host nation wearing the jersey of the visiting team – the Springbok badge.

“I think that’s been amazing to see the Japanese people wearing the Springbok jersey. I think that shows a lot of respect and I think we can learn a lot from that.

“It makes us proud to see that and I think you can be proud of how you have supported the World Cup and adopting teams that are visiting here and making them feel at home.”

Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 10:05am
Dis iets waaroor die media mense waarmee ek te doen kry, gesels het, hulle se die Bokke is te lank bymekaar en mag moontlik uitgebrand wees teen die tyd wat die uitkloprondtes begin. Hoop maar hulle is verkeerd
PaBz0r View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaBz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 10:22am
Is seker n moontlikheid. Ek sien dit amper soos die bye storie.. na n bye is mens nie so skerp nie.. mens oor oefen miskien ens.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 10:35am
Daar was blykbaar van die spelers wat reeds dinge gese het soos hulle kan nie wag dat die wereldbeker verby is nie...dis crazy om so iets te se, so speler moet nie eers in die squad wees nie
TunaLion View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TunaLion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 12:25pm
Rugby mense en joernaliste sal altyd maar iets soek om te kla, die ref, die vervoer, die verbly, te veel oefen, te min oefen, te min tyd saam mekaar, maar nou kla hulle oor te veel tyd saam mekaar. Dit is een van die dinge wat ek altyd gehoor het is noodsaaklik vir n span, en hoekom dit moeilik is vir internasionale spanne om te perform as n eenheid soos bv n SR span. So as van die spelers kla daaroor, is julle reg en moes hulle nooit op die vliegtuid gewees het nie. Kan net dink dit is van die grootkop spelers soos Eben en Lood wat sulke dinge sal kwyt raak.
Go LIONS!!!!!
PaBz0r View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaBz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 12:48pm
Klink soos iets wat n Sharks speler sal sê. Of miskien is dit Frans want nou moet hy eweskielik skrum en bietjie rond hardloop
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 12:58pm
Ek kan nie regtig onthou nie maar ek dink dit was een van die hakers
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 1:25pm
Rassie se plan gaan of baie goed uitwerk of in hulle gesigte ontplof. As die spelers lekker gel kan dit goed wees, maar as daar hier en daar 'n niggle is gaan die spelers gatvol vir mekaar raak. 
PaBz0r View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaBz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2019 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Leeubok Leeubok wrote:

hier en daar 'n niggle is gaan die spelers gatvol vir mekaar raak. 

Eben jik seker om weer n paar mense te klap :) 
OomPB View Drop Down
Jong Leeu
Jong Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OomPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2019 at 8:11pm
Laat hulle eerder so in detail voorberei wees , anders as die krieket lotte wat oorgegaan het met die idee dis OK om te verloor. 

Net daar het ek geweet Faf du Plessis se span gaan hul gat sien.
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2019 at 10:22am
I'm getting very excited for the RWC.

My predictions (If I am being optimistic) 

SA vs JAPAN in the Quarter final 

SA vs Ireland in the final.

This will effectively mean 3 major upsets. SA to beat NZ , Japan to beat scotland and then Ireland to beat NZ in the QF.

I still believe that we have NZ's number. Its a pitty that the lions lost form in 2018/19, we could have represented well at the RWC, but it is what it is. 

I dont see anyone coming near our pack and our backs are dangerous as well. The centers and full back position will be my only worry. 

gertjie0000 View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertjie0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2019 at 8:09am
Goeie more manne, wil sommer hoor as julle manne paar rand op die rugby soek op watse internet sites doen julle dit? Wil kyk om so paar rand op die springbokke te sit
PaBz0r View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaBz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2019 at 9:23am
Ek het nou die dag vir die Durban July World Sports Betting gebruik. Seker maar net omdat hulle die Leeus sponsor het ek hulle gebruik. Website op die foon werk nie baie great nie..
gertjie0000 View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertjie0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2019 at 9:50am
Dankie baie gaan hulle ook gebruik aangesien hulle die leeus sponsor kan ons seker hulle ondersteun
Lion4ever View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2019 at 10:41am
Today, I can feel it.
LeeuBrul View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeuBrul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2019 at 12:23pm
Ek Hou van Sun bet.......werk maklik en vinnig.....maar net lekker net as jy wen....
Once a Lion always a lion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic