Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Super Rugby
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Ospreys in Swansea in the URC on 30 March 2024, kickoff is at 17:05

Match 120 - Bulls vs Lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 8:19am
We scored some "own goals" , that B team to Argentina case and point.

I don't really blame Kwagga for the red card. He is a guy that gives 100% and he just looked up for a split 2nd and the ball already came down. 

The rule that says "If the player lands dangerously , its red" , is a joke. Its such a gamble, a player can land in so many different ways. 

That game was such a downer, was at the park getting beer for half time, then I heard a booo and saw the card, VERY disappointing!

We were lucky , but if you look at the final, we actually dominated the game. We had all the territory and possession. Why did we lose? Same reason we lose most of our games. we simply concede to much points. Against the Bulls last week, we had much more ball, but they score tries with little ball. Our defense is our single biggest weakness. 

compared to 16/17/18, an absolute train smash. compare to 12/13/14 , what a great year. Its all relative. 

Things happen in cycles, we will bounce back. we have the talent coming trough. 

The only positive is that the guys will be hungrier next year. Could be just what we need.

Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 8:59am
Ek is meer geneig om die speler wat die up-and-under geskop het, te blameer vir die verloor op Ellispark as die speler wat die rooi kaart gekry het. Up and unders is werklik iets wat nie in rugby hoort nie, in my opinie. Dis asof jy se ek weet nie regtig wat om met die bal te doen nie, kom ons kyk of jy dit kan vang as ek dit op jou skop of nie 
gertjie0000 View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertjie0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 9:21am
Stem saam met jou transvaal of jy skop n goeie skop vir gebieds voordeel of jy hardloop met die bal aan die regte kant van die geld
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Transvaal Transvaal wrote:

Ek is meer geneig om die speler wat die up-and-under geskop het, te blameer vir die verloor op Ellispark as die speler wat die rooi kaart gekry het. Up and unders is werklik iets wat nie in rugby hoort nie, in my opinie. Dis asof jy se ek weet nie regtig wat om met die bal te doen nie, kom ons kyk of jy dit kan vang as ek dit op jou skop of nie 
'n Goeie up and under het altyd n plek. Dis presies een van die maniere hoe die bulle ons Saterdag onder geweldige druk gesit het, met Warner wat baie akkurate, kompeteerbare skoppe op ons vleuels gesit het. Ja, dis nie altyd mooi om na te kyk nie, maar akkurate boxkicks en uppies kan vir jou die game wen.
Dis maar dieselfde met mauls. Nie almal hou van mauls nie, maar niemand kla as sy span wen deur 4 of 5 driee vanaf mauls te druk nie.

Die Up and under wat Kwagga se rooikaart  veroorsaak het, was bloot n swak uitvoering. As Kwagga ook vir die bal gekompeteer het, was dit nooit n kaart nie, maar hy het Havili se bene los onder hom uit gehardloop.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 10:23am
>>>'n Goeie up and under het altyd n plek.

NEE
Lion4ever View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 11:18am
I have to agree with Valie. A well placed up and under, with a good chase will always put the receiving team under pressure. Poorly executed, and you simply gift the opposition the ball.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 11:30am
NEE....daar is nie plek vir skop en charge in rugby nie, en niemand gaan my standpunt ooit daaroor vernader nie! LOL!
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 12:21pm

NEE....daar is nie plek vir skop en charge in rugby nie, en niemand gaan my standpunt ooit daaroor vernader nie! LOL!
LOL
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 2:31pm
Ross Cronje (I think) was the guy that kicked that up and under in 2017. 

He used to kick a lot of those at one stage. Now we seemed to have moved away from that tactic in recent times. 

I must say, I also hate it. But its part of the game....

We've been poor receiving the kicks as well, it feels like Boeboes and Dyantyi in particular struggle under the high ball when they must jump for the ball. Losing those contests in the air also added to our issues this season.

Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 4:52pm
No, it wasn't Ross that kicked THAT up and under
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2019 at 8:32pm
Ja, THAT kick was actually launched by Elton. I'm still in two minds if the kick was badly executed or if Kwagga just totally misjudged it.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 5:14am
or 3rd option the kick should never have been kicked
Red_Machine View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 8:12am
To me its  irrelevant to argue that the kick shouldn't have happened or blame whomever kicked it, fact is as the advancing player it was Kwagga's responsibility to ensure the safety of the player in the air. So he should have put in a legitimate challenge or pulled out and waited for the player to land and then smashed him. 100% his fault, and to quote Transvaal "en niemand gaan my standpunt ooit daaroor vernader nie!" Hahaha
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 8:18am
Nee ek is baie erg daaroor, up and unders hoort vir my nie in rugby nie, dit behoort nie deel van jou game plan te wees nie, behalwe as jy weet die opponente se agterste drie het absolute bottervingers
valie View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 8:47am

Nee ek is baie erg daaroor, up and unders hoort vir my nie in rugby nie, dit behoort nie deel van jou game plan te wees nie, behalwe as jy weet die opponente se agterste drie het absolute bottervingers
Ek respekteer jou siening. Ek glo egter diat dit n pyl in jou koker moet wees. Soms is spanne se defense baie in your face, soos wat ons baiekeer hierdie jaar beleef het, dan het jy darem die opsie  om n kompeteerbare skop agter die verdedigings lyn in te sit, en die agterste drie te dwing om either om te draai, of sy posisie te verlaat en vorentoe kom om die bal te probeer kry. Dit moet egter baie akkuraat gedoen word, en die bal mag nie binne die opposisie se 22 land nie.

Om te dink jy gaan baie driee druk deur net elke bal te probeer hardloop, is naief.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 8:56am
verseker kan mens grubbers en kortskoppies net oor die verdedigers probeer, of hoeke toe skop vir gebied en die opponente vas te pen, maar uppies is vir my 'n breindood taktiek
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 11:00am
Hmmm, not sure. 

The kick is just as good as the chase. If you expect the kick to land just oustside the 22 , then it falls on the 10m line and you must adjust your speed, then you are compromised. 

Either way, this is all in the past. And it is what it is. 

We've moved away from up and unders, which is fine. But we need to work on how we receive high kicks. its a weakness of ours 

emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2019 at 12:31pm

Stem saam. Is 'n breindood taktiek wat ons 'n hele paar keer (veral deur Andries Coetzee) teen die Kiwi spanne gekos het. 'n Goed uitgevoerde "cross kick" vir die vleeul het sy plek. So ook 'n taktiese skop vir distansie (indien daar goeie opvolgwerk is om vinnige ingooi te verhoed), en 'n "grubber" agter die verdediging om die opposisie aan die raai te hou.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic