Forum Home Forum Home > General Rugby > SA Rugby Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Ospreys in Swansea in the URC on 30 March 2024, kickoff is at 17:05

Whiteley named SARPA president

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whiteley named SARPA president
    Posted: 11-Dec-2018 at 1:29pm
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/whiteley-named-sarpa-president-20181211

Springbok and Lions No 8 Warren Whiteleyhas been elected as the new president of the South African Rugby Players' Association (SARPA).

He takes from his fellow Springbok team-mate Eben Etzebeth who served in the role since 2016.

SARPA is a division of the rugby players’ organisation, MyPlayers, and is responsible to negotiate the minimum employment terms of all professional rugby players in South Africa.

Following Whiteley’s appointment, Lizo Gqoboka, Chiliboy Ralepelle and Pieter-Steph du Toit were also elected to the SARPA Executive Committee and will now have the opportunity to represent the players within the organisational structures of MyPlayers.

Whiteley attended his first meeting as the newly elected president in Johannesburg on Tuesday and marked his appointment as a great honour along with an immense responsibility.

"I’m really looking forward to the role and to make a positive contribution when representing the players. There have been great leaders before me and hopefully I can carry on and make a difference. It’s a big honour for me as I have been a member of the players’ organisation since the start of my professional rugby career and I’m quite excited now to represent the players in this role," said Whiteley.

On behalf of all the professional rugby players, Whiteley thanked Etzebeth for the value he contributed to the players’ organisation while he was serving as president and also welcomed Gqoboka, Ralepelle and Du Toit as newly elected executive members.

"I am new to this role but looking forward to contributing to the overall well-being of the players and to work with my peers for the greater good of the game," Gqoboka concluded.

Goue Leeu View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goue Leeu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2018 at 1:56pm
Warren kan maar die president van Suid-Afrika ook word.. hy sal 'n great job doen.
WitBoer View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitBoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2018 at 2:08pm
Dit is regtig 'n skande dat hy nie Springbok kaptein is nie... 
"Believe nothing, No matter where you read it, Or who has said it, Not even if I have said it, Unless it agrees with your own reason And your own common sense" - Buddha
LeeuBrul View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeuBrul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2018 at 2:10pm
Hkom nie Kolisi nie??
Once a Lion always a lion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic