Forum Home Forum Home > Lions Section > Union, Management and Coach discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play Munster at Ellis Park in the URC on 27 April 2024, kickoff is at 17:00

STEYN SIGNS FOR LIONS AS KICKING COACH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STEYN SIGNS FOR LIONS AS KICKING COACH
    Posted: 21-Aug-2023 at 9:42am
STEYN SIGNS FOR LIONS - Lions rugby

Former Springbok and two-time British and Irish Lions series winner Morne Steyn joins the Emirates Lions ahead of the 2023/24 Vodacom United Rugby Championship and EPCR Challenge Cup season.

Capped 68 times for Springboks and amassing over 700 test points, the recently retired place-kicker will assume the role as the Johannesburg team’s kicking consultant, working closely with the franchise’s ball strikers.
Speaking on his appointment, Steyn expressed his eagerness to join the franchise and to get going.
“I’m incredibly excited to get stuck in with the Emirates Lions.”
“They are a team with exciting talent and astute professionalism both from a players and coaching perspective, with the potential of achieving great things in the future.”
“I’m particularly looking forward to working closely with the kickers in the squad, and my aim is to make a difference to the team’s kicking strategy. The Lions are extremely fortunate to have great ball strikers; guys like Jordan, Quan, and Sanele are all brilliant kickers, so I’m excited to work with them closely.”
With the upcoming Vodacom United Rugby Championship just under two months away, Lions boss Rudolf Straeuli says the franchise is delighted to have secured the services of the former Bok.
“There’s no doubt that Morne was one of the best kickers in world rugby and to have him share his knowledge and experience with our group is huge for us.”
“Tactical and goal-kicking forms a major part of competitive rugby, especially in Europe where conditions are often testing and rely heavily on out-of-hand kicking. To have the caliber of Morne advise and guide our kickers will no doubt influence and enhance our game strategy,” concluded Straeuli.

gertjie0000 View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertjie0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2023 at 1:27pm
Sien Corne Fourie het by die leeus ingeval seker as n leen speler neem ek aan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic